Apr 13th 2020
How to Enable FIDO Key for Google Advanced Protection Program
Note: The following registration process can only be done on PC over USB connection.
1. Access the home page of Advanced Protection Program with a Chrome core based browser on a computer at: https://landing.google.com/advancedprotection
2. Click “GET STARTED” and you will see a page as shown below.
3. Get 2 security keys ready and click “I HAVE 2 SECURITY KEYS”.
Note: The brand and token model recommended in this page are not mandatory. Any FIDO® U2F certified security can be used for Google Advanced Protection. However, to maximize the compatibility, using the token shown in the page is highly recommended.
4. You will be required to enter your password again.
5. The registration process starts as shown below. Register the security key one by one and click “CONTINUE”.
6. Read and confirm the notifications about Advanced Protection Program and click “TURN ON”. Your registration will complete in a moment.